DYLAN BICKERSTAFFE – TALKS ON ANCIENT EGYPT
Talks last from one to one-and-a-half hours and all contain attractive and interesting visual content.
Each talk title here is followed by a code to indicate format and availability:
P – Powerpoint. These talks are available immediately, on USB stick and CD, and require that the venue can provide a suitably powerful laptop and data-projector.
S – Slide-show. These are brought pre-loaded in horizontal, Kodak-type carousels, and require an appropriate slide projector. Notice is required to prepare/load these talks.
SI – Slide-show Immediately available. Slide shows, as above, but which are available at short notice.
TALKS ON THE ROYAL MUMMIES and ROYAL CACHES
A number of the talks here relate to the reburial of royal mummies by priests at the end of the New Kingdom, and the rediscovery of these secret cache tombs in the modern era. Caches, Cliffs and Kings is broad overview; The Royal Mummies concentrates on the question of identity of the mummies; Did the Pharaohs All Die Young? critically examines the estimates of age-at-death that have been used to throw doubt on the identification of many royal mummies; The Niagara Mummy Mystery questions the recent identification of a mummy as Ramesses I; The Royal Cache Revisited is an in-depth look at the evidence from the Royal Cache tomb itself; Chasms, Crags and Queens is associated stories and material.
- FOR WHOM THE SUN DOTH SHINE – Nefertari Beloved of Mut (P)
- FORTHCOMING TALKS PROGRAMME
- IT’S ROME….BUT NOT AS WE KNOW IT. Another Side of Roman Britain. (P)
- PHARAOH’S MAGIC WAND? What Have DNA Tests Really Told Us About the Amarna Royal Family? (P)
- WHY SINUHE RAN AWAY: Coups and Conspiracies at the Middle Kingdom Court (P)
- CACHES, CLIFFS AND KINGS: Royal Mummies of Thebes (P, S)
- CHASMS, CRAGS AND QUEENS: More Tales from the West Bank (S)
- THE EGYPTIAN LABYRINTH: A Middle Kingdom Enigma (P)
- THE TOMB-ROBBERS OF NO-AMUN (P, SI)
- THE TOMB OF AKHENATEN AND THE GOLDEN RING OF NEFERTITI (P)
- THE KINGS VALLEY IN THE AMARNA ERA (P)
- STRONG MAN : WRONG TOMB. THE MYSTERY OF BELZONI’S SARCOPHAGI (P, S)
- THE END OF THE NEW KINGDOM (S)
- SEPARATED AT BIRTH? EGYPT, CRETE AND THE LEVANT (P)
- EMPIRES IN PARALLEL? EGYPT AND ROME (P)
- THE ROYAL CACHE REVISITED (P)
- THE FURY OF AMUN: The Cursed Play in the Valley of the Queens (P)
- THE NIAGARA MUMMY MYSTERY (P)
- DID THE PHARAOHS ALL DIE YOUNG? (S)
- POISON, FORGERY and VOODOO: The Harem Conspiracy against Ramesses III. (P)
- IN SEARCH OF HIDDEN EGYPT: AMARNA VIA OASES (S)
- SEEKERS OF THE SACRED STONE (P)
- DEATH IN THE NILE: THE BIRTH OF EGYPTS LAST GOD (P)
- HIDDEN TREASURES OF ANCIENT EGYPT: Before and After Akhenaten (P)
- THE ROYAL MUMMIES OF THEBES: Clues to Identity (P, SI)
- AH1. WITH AMMIANUS ON THE EUPHRATES: Exploring Rome’s Eastern Frontier (S)
- AH2. MESSAGE IN A VESSEL: THE STRANGE CASE OF THE HADRIAN’S WALL CUPS (P)
- AH3. THE ARK IN THE PROMISED LAND
- THE EXODUS: MOSES AND HIS ARK (S)